Sunday, July 17, 2011

Transitions

Life has a way of keeping me on my toes, it seems. After a careful few days of planing for what I thought was going to be a fun (and kinky sex) filled weekend, I found myself face to face with reality. Bug had gotten a cold this weekend, and was unusually tired and sick from the pregnancy. The empty house I thought we were going to share was dreadfully occupied by my brother for most of the time, a fact alone that brought any hopes of "training" to a crashing halt. I am finding it really difficult to enforce my control when surrounded by family who have no idea we have this type of relationship, and furthermore who would condemn it if they did. One of the many downsides of living with the parents still. We only have 2 months until the wedding and subsequent move, however, so that won't be for long.

That being said, I do also know that I have to make the best of the situation. Was the weekend perfect? No. Was it fun? Mostly. Did I spend quality time with my sub and care for her lovingly in her time of need, as a Dom should? Yes. I have learned this lesson many times in life, and I feel like if I were but 2 years younger, this weekend would have bothered me. But since engaging in the D/s relationship with Bug I find myself looking at things from a diferent perspective. Life is going to screw up my plans. It always has, it always will. I just accept that now.

I am a huge fan of Lord of the Rings, and in the Fellowship Gandalf makes an excellent point in this quote: "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." I really thought about the events this weekend, and I realize that I may be able to control her in what ways I can but I cannot control everything else. All I can do is deal with what life gives me. To me, this flexability and understanding is just as key to being dominant as a firm hand and unyeilding resolve. At any rate, things -are- looking up around here. Just have to buckle down and keep moving!

No comments:

Post a Comment